We … read you and me … need to formulate a strategy to fight World War III. Before you get too worried, please note that this is not a Chicken-Little “The sky is falling” kind of a riff. Nor should you react with a “Omagosh, this guy really is a Utah nutcase” diagnosis. As a matter of fact, I am an old Freak in disguise … who knows, maybe it is a ‘clever plan.”
- NO — WWIII is not going to be won with bigger and better bombs, more accurate rifles, or nukes. It won’t be won by destruction.
- YES — WWIII is going to be won through creativity. We are going to win the hearts and minds of people throughout the world.
- Did I mention that Terrorism is the enemy? Terrorism is a social disease that flourishes in the petri dish of ignorance and hatred.
Guess what … we’re are going to win the “Whack-a-Mole War on Terrorism” by convincing people that their best interests are met though freedom not oppression; that true happiness comes with knowledge not ignorance; that the ways of peace and love beat hell out of the ways of war and hatred.
In 1992, Hassam-al-Turabi (no, most people have never heard of him) convened the most comprehensive confab of terrorists ever. Held in Khartoum, every Jihadist organization in the world was there.
- NIF of Sudan
- FIS of Algeria
- Gamaat Islamiya of Egypt
- Islamic Jihad
- Jordanian Islamists
- Islamic Jihad of Palestine
- Lebanon’s Salafists
- South Asian Jihadist
- Madrassas graduates that became the Taliban
- Arab/Afghan precursors that became Al-Qaeda
- PLO Representatives
- Representatives of the Iraqi Intelligence Services
- Representatives from the Islamic Republic of Iran
- Saddam’s Bath Party
You might ask, “What was bringing all those forces together at the beginning of the last decade of the twentieth century?” It was a gathering of the Middle East region’s anti-American, anti western, and anti-Democratic forces.
Above all, the Khartoum Conference was laying the groundwork for an international Jihadist network, centered on the core Jihadists who had fought, and they believe won, the Afghan War against the Soviets. To their way of thinking, once they finished off the Soviets, then they could turn their focus on the Americans.
Make no friggin’ mistake. They are the enemy of every person who wants to live his or her life according to their personal will and pleasure. The 9/11 attack on the World Trade Centers, the one that had people dancing in the streets throughout the Middle East, was an outgrowth of this little confab. We have to do something, and I have a plan.
Get ready for the first “we’ll fight back with goodness” initiative. It’s coming within days. I guarantee you — we’ll start to inoculate entire communities against the blackness of hatred. I think it is altogether fitting that we start in Kenya.
Apropos … yes?